Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mom wants me have an abortion.


Question:
I'm only 16 and recently fell pregnant. It sounds stupid but I was happy when the positive results came back and I love my boyfriend a lot. My mom was calm when I told her but she doesn't want me to keep it at all. My boyfriend keeps dropping hints for me to abort it as well.

I feel alone, like I'm the only person who wants to keep a life that's been created. I know I'm young and abortion would be a good choice but I can't go through with it. I sit and cry every night because I'm so scared to get rid of the little life inside me. Am I the only one who cares about killing a life? I knew my mom wouldn't be there. She never was and never will be. She was never there for my sister either. I need help desperately as my mom has booked the abortion for next week. I'm scared to go through with it. Please help.


Answer:
I'm sorry that you're in such distress. You are the only person, though, who has the right to decide whether or not you'll have the abortion. It would be a good idea for you to contact a good doctor for an appoitnment as soon as possible so that you can discuss your options with someone who will understand and will show you how to handle the consequences of your decision.There are ways of finding a place to live and a way to support you and your child, if that's the decision you make.

I'm sorry you don't feel supported by your mother. She is probably looking at all the possible drawbacks for you and may well have your best interests at heart, though it may not seem like it. Bringing up kids isn't easy, but there are plenty of girls of 16 and younger who have made a good job of it. Your boyfriend may not want you to have the baby either but he has a legal and moral obligation towards the child.

In the meantime, it's worth knowing that if you stick to your guns and find other means of support, you and your baby have every chance of turning out just fine.So think hard,its your decision and you'll have to go through it,I wish you courage and happiness.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

No comments: